Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Vacation in a Cubical

Some weeks I have such an exciting, fascinating life, traveling and experiencing interesting things…but not this week.  This week I’m working in the office in Bhamizzle living the ‘normal life’.  Which consists of, driving to work at the same time every day, sitting on hwy280 with the same cars, and staring at an orange cubical wall for 9 hrs.  While this sounds like a normal work week for most people, not me!!  I dream of getting off work and driving to my house, sleeping in my bed, and waking up to do the exact same thing.  Most people call it monotonous; I call it, a vacation!

With that being said, I do not have anything to blog about.  I guess I could tell y’all how I got 2 new Paleo cookbooks from the MIL (Thanks Lisa!) and how the first meal I cooked from the books resembled puke more actual food.  Or I could tell you about how cute my nephew is, but y’all already know that.  Or I could tell y’all about awesome my husband is, but y’all already know that too!  Instead, I’m going to list out my favorite quote from movies/TV….enjoy!

Okay, so you're probably going, "Is this like a Noxzema commercial or what?"  But seriously, I actually have a way normal life for a teenage girl.  –Cher in Clueless

You're 18, you don't know what you want.  And you won't know what you want 'til you're 45, and even if you get it, you'll be too old to use it.  –The father in 10 Thinks I Hate About You <<I’m pretty sure my father has said this to me>>

Oh, my God, the bend and snap works every time! – Legally Blond <<very true statement>>

Fashion knows not of comfort.- Blair from Gossip Girls <<Reason why I wore high heals with a broken foot for 3 years…I thought the pain was normal>>

Love is passion, obsession, someone you can't live without. I say, fall head over heels. Find someone you can love like crazy and who will love you the same way back. How do you find him? Well, you forget your head, and you listen to your heart. And I'm not hearing any heart. Cause the truth is, honey, there's no sense living your life without this. To make the journey and not fall deeply in love, well, you haven't lived a life at all. But you have to try, cause if you haven't tried, you haven't lived. –William Parrish in Meet Joe Black <<Probably my favorite movie of all time>>

Fu*k you, fu*k you, fu*k you, you're cool, and fu*k you, I'm out! – Scarface from Half Baked. << I daydream of saying this during work when I get that call that says I won the lottery.  Naaaa just kidding, ok maybe I’m not kidding. >>

"If you look annoyed all the time, people think you're busy"- George from Seinfeld  <<I tested this theory at work today…it worked.>>

I will leave everyone with a very big Happy Easter!  Other than the spiritual part of the holiday, the most important thing about Easter is wearing seersucker, pastel, espadrilles, and headbands.  Hold up, if you’re from Alabama, it doesn’t take a holiday to bring out this type of an outfit- this only applies for all of you Yankee folks who abide by rules and my sister.

No comments:

Post a Comment