Thursday, April 26, 2012

Warning: High Energy

I completely understand that not everyone has the energy levels that I do.  Ann, my sister, says I talk, walk, and think circles around her- and that when I come and visit, she needs a vacation from my vacation.  When the alarm goes off, I’m ready to hit the gym and get the day rolling.  Work at 6:30am?  No biggie and no caffeine needed.  I can balance 5 projects, 3 communicator boxes, and gilt.com’s 11am sale all at one time.

Jealous?

Don’t be.  Let me teach you the down side of having so much energy. 

1st people mistake me as a “go getter”.  Yes, I get things done, but that doesn’t mean I get it done right.  I usually have to redo my work a couple times.  Because I get things done so fast, I get assigned to more work, which would be awesome if my pay was tied to how much work I do-but its not, so that’s a wash.

2nd I don’t make a good house guest or roommate.  When I visit friends and family, I usually try to roll with whatever they want to do.  This is fine and dandy, except their normal weekends are my boring weekends.  Therefore, when I visit people, I try plan it around an event, so they don’t have to attempt to keep me entertained,  because its hopeless.  And if you ever want to hear roommate stories, just ask Taylor Vinson or Katie Pauley.  Most college kids stayed up all night and sleep though their classes-I stayed up all night, took a short nap, then headed off to 8am class and the gym.  

3rd people think I’m younger than I actually am-which may or may not be a negative side effect of my energy levels.  Monday, on my way to Dallas, some punk old dude asked me if I go to SMU.  I quickly corrected him and said I’m traveling for business (unfortunately).  After a few minutes of chitchat (I always make nice with the people next to me on airplanes-I get too bored sitting there and listening to music!)  I asked punk old man how he misstated me for a college kid.  He simply responded because I was smiling and wearing a backpack. 

For all those people with energy levels lower than mine, I apologize for my spelling/grammar errors, busy body mentality, and constant chatter.  I hope one day to put my energy to good use.  Until that day, I’ll keep smiling and wearing a backpack.

No comments:

Post a Comment