Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Off Balance

Today started out with such wonderful prospects, however, some days your equilibrium is off balance.  Apparently, today mine has been turned upside down. 

It started with dropping a 25lb weight on my broken foot.  I pretended that it didn’t hurt since people at the gym saw it happen and I like to pretend I’m a BA…which is obviously untrue.  Next, I ran into the glass door of the office building.  Not sure how it happened, or what I was thinking- or lack of thinking.  I’m going to blame it on the fog.  Once in the building I decided it was a coffee type of day.  I normally don’t drink coffee since I naturally have an abundance of caffeine in my system, but today I decided I would like to drink some sugar and cream with a side of coffee.  I spilt the entire 10 oz (thanks Keurig for measuring) on myself and work papers.  I’m going to blame it on the 25 lb weight and the glass door making it a coffee day.

No matter how clumsy I am, I will never be worse off than some Alabama player’s father is when he tripped yesterday and broke the BSC Championship trophy.  Talk about a bad day.  Just try explaining that…you can’t-that’s why homeboy has remained nameless.


The day is still young, its only 10am! So I’m a bit apprehensive of what the reset of the day has in store for me.  I’m thinking it can only get better, right? One of my favorite tweets ever posted was by @SororityGirlProblems yesterday: “If Lindsay Lohan made it though her cracked-out bleached-blond lesbian jailbird phase, you can make it through today.”  This gives me hope-hope of a brighter day tomorrow.

The lesson we have learned is that everyone has bad days, yes, even myself.  While they are far and few between, a bad day will always popup out of nowhere.  When one does, try to look on the bright side-my foot is already broken, doors should never be made out of all glass, and the smell of cream and sugar excites me….and when in doubt remain nameless (or blame your mother-daaa).

No comments:

Post a Comment