Monday, April 30, 2012

I Love Monday

I love Mondays.  I don’t see why everyone hates them.  I mean, I kinda get it, you’ve had two days off to relax, and now you have to wake up before dawn and get to work.  That part of Monday isn’t fun, but I just don’t see why people treat Monday is like the redheaded step child.  If any day should be the redhead in the group, it should be Tuesday.  Tuesday brings nothing to the table.  Every other weekday has a motto: Mantic Monday, Humpday Wednesday, Thirsty Thursday, and Fist Pump Friday.  Tuesday’s got nothing.  

Maybe I like Mondays more than the average person does because I get bored on Funday Sundays and I awkwardly enjoy the hustle and bustle of Mondays.  Or maybe I’m just enjoying this Monday particularly because (1) it was Scott’s last day of rotations and will be graduating in a few weeks and (2) its one day closer to seeing William- we leave on Thirsty Thursday for Tampa!  So maybe I’m not that weird person that likes Mondays….naaaa I’d be lying if I told you it was just this Monday that I’m lovin. 

On a side note, Scott and I had a great weekend.  Among many other things, we went to an Italian Food Festival at the Catholic church up the street.  We sampled food from of local Italian restaurants, gelato, and Italian pastries.  I thought it was delicious, however Italian Man himself, Papoose (Scott’s Grandfather) and Scott said the Italian food was “facheesie”.  I also posted my first ever Craigslist post.  We are selling the big jute rug in our living room.  Its time for a change. So far I havn't head from any potential sellers....I'll keep my fingers cross. 

Also last weekend, the In-Law family invited me to see a Broadway musical called The South Pacific on Sunday evening.  It was lovely!  The acting, music, and the company were great!  I didn’t really know the story, although apparently it was a major hit back in the day (as in, in the 1950s-my mother’s prime), and I really enjoyed it!  Scott opted out of the event since he had to work that day- although I’m pretty sure he still would have opted out even if he didn’t have to work. Hahaha.

Well, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend and an even better Monday.  Next time you are one of the 500 million people that post on facebook how much you hate Mondays, think of what I said…hate Tuesdays.

No comments:

Post a Comment