Thursday, April 18, 2013

People Love the Preggers


If there’s one thing I’ve learned about being pregnant it's that people love pregnant people.  Yup, its true- while the average person doesn't necessarily ever go out of their way for someone else, when it comes to a lady carrying a big baby, they do!  Here are some oddly nice things people have done for me lately (and probably only because I’m pregnant).

·         While standing in a 5 person deep line at Publix, the guy in front of me said “you probably need to get off your feet more than me, go ahead” – then the other four people did the same. So, I got to skip the line at Publix!

·          At the bank I’m working at this week, I have to walk up 2 flights of stairs and almost every day this week, someone offered to carry my computer bag. 

·         While walking the dog last week, one of my neighbors saw me, busted out of her front door, and ran towards me to ask me if she could rub my belly.  Yes, that’s a bit strange, but I know the lady and she stood there talking to Luke in the sweetest motherly voice that I don’t have.  I’m sure Luke enjoyed it.

·         At work, I don’t get in trouble for wearing yoga pants or how pathetic my hair/makeup looks.

·         While shopping at Target last weekend, I overheard a lady say to her boyfriend/husband “look at that cute pregnant girl”.  I almost cried I was so happy.

·         When I flew to Dallas last month, not only did everyone stare and smile at me, but the flight attendant gave me double the packets of peanuts.  Talk about winning!

 

So, there is my list so far of all the nice things people do for pregnant people.  We have been bombarded with horrible stuff happening in the news, like the Boston Marathon, Waco, TX, man sending ricin in the mail…the list could go on and on, so its nice to stop and think of something nice people to for each other- no matter how small it might be.  

No comments:

Post a Comment