Friday, April 12, 2013

Its Spring!!


Some exciting things are brewing here in the Farris household.  Like the Easter basket from mom (better late than never) filled with treats for Luke and some Mentos for Scott, Nellie learning how to jump on the kitchen table, and spring cleaning!  Also, while shopping lately, I’ve noticed the stores are starting to put out their 4th of July décor….which can only mean one thing- Its almost Luke’s due date!!!!

Can't wait to wear this shirt!
I’ll start with my favorite- spring cleaning!  Ever since Lisa got a storage unit and let us store some wedding gifts, I feel like our house doubled in size (maybe that’s an exaggeration).   I’ve been enjoying rearranging items (in an attempt) to make the house less cluttered.  Sitting beside our kitchen table is the Bugaboo stroller, pack-n-play, and the cow print car seat…not sure if its even possible to declutter.  Sometimes I feel like the show Hoarders- but maybe not to that extreme.   I can’t wait to have a normal sized house and a backyard for our hairy, smelly, drooly baby. 

Luke got some pretty sweet swag this week! A huge thank you to Mom for the onesies, cups/bowls, and Luke’s first Big Sky shirt!!  He is going to be such a cutie at Big Sky next year with cowboy boots and shirt!!  Also, the curtains for his nursery came in and we got the proofs for his stationary!  (If y’all don’t know, I’m obsessed with paper.  My AXO big sister, Jessica Clark owns the company www.ecrustationary.com, and does fabulous work! Go check her out!!)  I can’t wait to start writing thank you notes!!  Needless to say it was a big week for little man.
 
Stylin' and profilin'- Thank Mom!
 

So pretty! Thanks Jessica!!
 
Woohooo Nellie- Listen what she did today.  I’m chillin’ on the couch and turn around to yell at her to stop pestering the cat, Gigi, and see Nellie on top of the kitchen table- like all four legs on the table. I nearly had a heart attack.  What was she thinking? Oh yea, that’s right, she owns this house…how could I forget.  Reason #829,971 why we need a back yard. 

But wait- maybe with all this spring cleaning I’m doing we’ll have enough room for everything (dog, baby items and all!).  Wishful thinking.  Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend – I leave yall with a picture of my big 27 week belly!

There should be a law against horizontal strip maternity shirts. 






No comments:

Post a Comment