Friday, March 1, 2013

passing the time

Its Friday!!  Another week done!  I’ll be starting 22 weeks soon and feel like I’m 42 weeks.  I can’t imagine getting any bigger, although I know its going to happen.  So I’m just sittin’ here, watching time pass slowly by.  I’ve got a few countdowns going on in my head.  Obviously the baby countdown, but I also have one for when the curtains come in, when I get to go visit Uncle Jim, my baby shower, and Scott’s work trip to Cali.

One of the best ways to pass the time is needlepointing.  This week I finished needlepointing our Christmas stocking cuffs.  It took me about 2 months to do both.  I’ll be starting Lukes soon, which made me think about how amazing Christmas is going to be this year with a baby!!

Chrismtas Stocking Cuffs!

Speaking of baby, our dear friends Katie & David Reeves welcomed baby #2 this week, Jackson (Jack) Baker.  Scott visited them at the hospital yesterday and I’ll get to see them this weekend!! 

I’ve been working at home these last two days- I consider myself very lucky to have a manager that allows us to work at home.  Its nearly impossible for me to get comfortable at work-next week I’m bring a pillow and heating pad for my back!!  While working at home I’m quickly figured out that there is no way I could be a stay-at-home mom.  I know Luke will keep me busy…but I get cabin fever way too quickly- and plus- you can only watch The Today Show so many times until you’re sick of listening to fashion, vacations, and how to lose weight. 

Next week the fancy dog park opens up down the street!! Their website shows that each dog must pass a ‘temperament test’.  Scott and I are nervous that Nellie won’t pass--she plays rough and like to growl and bark. 

Anyway, hope everyone had a wonderful week!! Get excited- its suppose to snow this weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment