Friday, February 22, 2013

Grandma Cec


Hello Everyone,

I’ve been in Dallas all week enjoying the warm weather, Hilton Anatole, and hanging with Susan…oh yea, and going to work during the day.  With all that said, my week ended on a not so positive note.  While in the TSA line at Love Field, I got a voice message from my mother.  I always know when she has bad news to report because she’ll start off by saying “Jane, this is your mother”.  As funny as that is, I knew right away something was wrong. 

My father’s mother, Cecelia, (Grandma Cec) died peacefully yesterday morning, Thursday, Feb 21st in her assisted-living room at 96 years old.  Grandma Cec was our last living grandparent and a spark of life.  She loved reading, playing cards, and church.  One of my fondest memories of here was when she would babysit Ann & I while mom & dad took a vacation.  She wasn’t much of a cook (from what I can remember), but she could make a mean batch of brownies from a box.  Everyday after school, we would have a fresh pan of brownies waiting.  

Grandma Cec was also a die heart catholic republican. I told her when daddy voted for Clinton-she punished him like a school kid.  I never got the opportunity to tell her that he also voted for Obama the first go around…I’m sure she knows now.

Grandma Cec was selfless, optimistic, independent and always willing to strike up a card game.  The majority of games I know, she taught me- like Kings On The Corner, Up & Down the River, and 65.  Heaven gained another angel, as she is now with her husband and the rest of her family.  I am honored to have had her as a grandmother and as she will be missed by many.  



Grandma Cec with her great-grandson, Zander Neidhardt

No comments:

Post a Comment