Friday, January 18, 2013

Snow day!

Today is our first sunny day in Birmingham in over 2 weeks.  That’s pretty hard to imagine.  But God ended our wet gloomy streak with beautiful snow!  Yesterday afternoon it snowed about 1-2 inches, just enough to get excited about.  Work let out about 4 hrs early and this morning we came in late due to black ice.  I would say this is a pretty nice treat right before a holiday weekend.  

This morning I had another check up with the baby doctor.  I’m 15 weeks + 5 days and everything is going along as planned.  The baby’s heart rate was a strong 164.  In 3 long weeks, we’ll know the baby’s gender!!!  I’ve been waiting since day one for this- I find it very hard to shop for a baby when you have no idea the gender.  More power to the parents who keep it a secret-I could never do it!  Ann will know on Monday the gender-I have a feeling it’s a girl!!

In other exciting news, we have ordered the baby’s crib and Grandma Lisa gifted us the stroller! I’m slightly obsessed with the stroller and it hasn’t even come in the mail yet!  The stroller was the first thing I couldn’t wait to check out at all the baby stores.  Yea I know, kinda lame.  But for real, strollers now days are ballar - they have more bells and whistles than a car!  Our stroller is a stylish black and turquoise (my favorite color) and looks to be more comfortable than my bed.

Well, that’s all for now people.  Hope y’all have a wonderful holiday weekend!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment