Monday, January 14, 2013

National Champ trip to Miami!


Gag me-another year of Bama domination.  I guess it could be worse.  Nevermind, I lied it can’t.  Living among all the Bammers is quiet an experience.  I can’t wait for the day when Saban goes to the NFL and Bama returns to being just an average team.  Until that time, I’m stuck being a good wife and cheering on Bama when they’re not playing Auburn.  Last weekend we headed down to Miami for the BCS Championship game against Notre Dame.  We flew in and out of Tampa and rode down with Ann and John and our friends, Trey and Ashley, joined us.  We all had a blast!  My main take away was how organized you have to be to put on a tailgate outside of your own city.  Ann & John and Anna & Clint did most/all of the work (I was only in charge of the BBQ sauce and table clothes, unfortunately I failed on half of my work, and forgot the tablecloths). It was quite a professional tailgate and mind blowing how much work and planning they put into it.  So, a huge shout out to them for all their hard work-the tailgate was wonderful.  To give credit where credit is due, there would be no tailgate if it wasn’t for the BBQ sauce I brought.  Just sayin’.  Hahahah
 
Everyone headed off to the game-including Ann and Ashley, who got tickets 10 minutes before kick off!  Tricia and a few friends rode with me back to the hotel to watch the game at the Irish Pub near by.  I only made it till half time, but still, that’s the latest I’ve been up in a long time!  I’ll go ahead and assume everyone that went to the game had the time of their lives.  Scott sure did, he came home with no voice and fell asleep the second his head hit the pillow.  I’m glad he enjoyed his 1st anniversary gift- the tickets!
 
Here are a few pics from the weekend. Enjoy!

Me, the sis, and Tricia!

Part of the gang at dinner

our professional tailgate- Thanks Anna and Ann!

One more and we'd have a winning relay

The group with some lame ND fan (Todd)

The boys with their ticket

Right before the game

Latest casualty 

1 comment: