Friday, June 21, 2013

The Final Countdown


Happy offical 1st day of summer!!!  Which means...the countdown till Mr.Luke’s arrives is almost up.  This week, Scott and I have been busy getting the house ready, packing our bags, finishing his nursery, charging the video camera, and countless trips to buybuybaby.  I’ve gone over and over in my head of everything we’ll need and I think I’ve got it all- however, I know no matter how well I think I prepared, something will be missing.  Yesterday, we also installed the car seat and even went over to the fire station to make sure it was correctly installed.  Team Farris-1, Car seat- 0.

Here are a few pictures of the nursery.  My favorite part is his crib and the curtains.  Many items in his nursery have an extra special meaning to us.  The rocking chair is the same chair my mother rocked my sister and me with when we were newborns.  His monogrammed bed sheets were done by a coworker, the pie chest was a handy down from Grandma Lisa, and the changing table was a gift from Grandma Karen.  His monogram on the wall is made out of used fishing rope used in Alaska- how nifty is that!  Anyway-enjoy the pics- his room will never be this clean again!







Air Force 1 and the bullet proof car seat

No comments:

Post a Comment