Thursday, June 6, 2013

27th Birthday Week!


Happy Happy Thursday- One more day and we’re home free!  So much stuff has happened since my last blog post I don’t even know where to start!  The last week has been a whirlwind and I love it!! I must be one of those people that thrive off action/drama.  Anyway, the fun all started when Mom came in town!  I am so thankful that she was able to come for my birthday and stay extra days to help us get stuff done around the house.  Mom is the busiest retired person I know, the glue to our family, and always has some positive comment to make, even when the positive comment is pretty far-fetched. Hahaha.

On Saturday, Scott took me and the family to my favorite restaurant, Seasons 52, for my Birthday dinner!! It was lovely, especially the desserts!  On Saturday, we (me, Scott, and mom) kidnapped William and took him to Chuck E Cheese.  The last time I was at Chuck E Cheese I was 10 years old living in Knoxville.  Let’s just say, I never plan on going back again.  However, Scott and William had a blast!! Well, more like Scott had a blast.  He figured out how to out-smart one of the games and won hundreds of tickets.  Should I be proud?  Because I’m not- he is a big kid.

Flowers from Papoose- he sure knows how to spoil!!

Sweetest card from Papoose.
 
Uncle Skot winning

pure concentration
On Monday my coworkers surprised me and decorated my cubical for my birthday AND hosted me a baby shower at lunch!!  I cannot even begin to explain how absolutely wonderful everything was!! I’m really going to miss seeing my coworkers while on maternity leave. I will, however, not miss the work aspect though! Haha



 
Baby Luke loves mexican food!
On Tuesday, I went to Traffic Court in downtown Birmingham.  It was just like Judge Judy (except our judge was a big black man). Sadly, I have to go back in October since I didn’t have the correct documentation.  Whoops…The next day was another Dr. appointment.  Mom got to see Mr. Luke on ultrasound, but he wasn’t behaving so we didn’t get any good pictures.  Maybe next week he’ll show his cute face.

Mom left on Wednesday and the rest of the in town family are at the beach.  So I’m left high and dry without a driver until Monday.  Poor Scott is my only form of transportation.  Also on Wednesday, the girls took me out to Seasons 52 (yes, again) for happy hour!!  I always have a blast with them and am so fortunate that we live so close to each other to be able to get together! 

Well, that’s my play-by-play of the last couple of days.  Hope y’all enjoyed it- now I need a nap just thinking about all the stuff left we have to do for Mr. Luke before his birthday!  

No comments:

Post a Comment