Friday, June 7, 2013

5-Years From Now

Today is my sister and John’s 5-year wedding anniversary.  I remember her wedding day as if it was yesterday and I cannot believe it’s been 5-years…in fact I’m still double checking my math to make sure it really has been 5-years.

Which, got me to start thinking about everything that has happened in 5-years…then my brain blew up.  I wonder what will happen in the next 5-years??  I have no idea.  But in an attempt to make this work day go by faster, I’ll list some possible 5-year outcomes.

 
·         In 5 years, Scott and I have moved out of the townhome and into a pretty house, we’re raising Luke and his sibling(s) (Sister? Brother? TWINS?!), and we’re having the time of our lives!! Living in a cute neighborhood in a house with a fenced in backyard and Nellie is outside playing with her brother, Titan (also a German Shepard).  Scott has moved up in his company and is enjoying work and I’m a spinning instructor at the local YMCA.   

·         In 5-years, Scott will be bald and I’ll have saggy skin.  The most positive aspect of this is that in 5-years we’ll also have bad vision, so neither of us realize the negative side effects therefore, we remember each other as we looked when we met. 

·         In 5-years, Mr. Luke will be just entering 1st grade and his sibling(s) will be watching with envy as he climbs onto the school bus.  While Luke is in the 1st grade by age, he is already reading at a 3rd grade level and has memorized his multiplication tables.  This is all thanks to Grandma Lisa, who spends countless hours teaching him along with bird watching.

·         In 5-years, I’m getting my hair colored, trying to pretend to be young again and wearing lululemon workout clothes.  Scott will be in a business suit, wheeling and dealing with the big wigs up in DC working on something that has to do with drugs.  Scott has finally learned to cook and I continue to change the pillows on our couch nonstop. 

·         In 5-years, I might finally master the “I don’t care what other people think” thing that my mom always talks about.  She says you don’t master it until you get old-hence why it will take me 5 more years to master.

·         In 5- years, Scott and I have invented some amazing invention.  We were featured on the TV show, Shark Tank, and got a couple million dollars for our idea.  We decided to sell the idea and profit the cash- then we made the Farris Foundation where we help children with autism and adults with arthritis and alzheimer’s.
 
·         In 5-years no one will care about the Kardashians  and other mindless reality TV.  Lady Gaga will be playing on the oldies radio station in my electric minivan.

 
I guess 5-years from now, life doesn’t sound so bad.  That’s comforting.  During my sister’s wedding, if you told me that 5-years from now I will be married to the most amazing, selfless, attractive man and pregnant with our first child, I would have fainted out of disbelieve.  I’m so blessed and fortunate on how my life has changed and turned out 5-years after my sister’s wedding.  I cannot wait to see what the next 5-years have in store!!!   

No comments:

Post a Comment