Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July 2012!

Happy 4th of July!

This is one of my favorite holidays.  Not only do we get to celebrate America’s independence, but also you get to enjoy a day off work to cook out, eat apple pie, and watch fireworks!! What more could someone ask for?  For over 20 years, every 4th of July my family would fly up to North Dakota to have a family reunion and celebrate my grandfather’s (Boppy) birthday.  Ever since Boppy got sick and passed, we haven’t done this, which always makes me a bit sad on July 4th because I remember all the fun memories I had as a kid- fishing, tubing, jet skiing, eating burgers, and taking pontoon rides.  I cannot wait to re-start the family reunion soon!  

This July 4th, Scott will be studying for his Alabama Pharmacy Law test, which will be on Thursday, and I will be participating in the neighborhood’s Apple Pie Contest.  I know you’re jealous of our exciting plans!  In true Jane fashion, I have found a lope hole in the Apple Pie Contest rules and will be actually entering Scott’s grandfather’s (Papoose) pie.  He is an expert pie maker-his recipe is even a Leonelli family secret recipe!  I already know we’ll win.

Also this Thursday, I go to the orthopedic surgeon and get my foot cast removed!!!  Doc said, depending on the healing, he’ll probably put me in a walking boot.  One step closer to wearing normal shoes!

I hope everyone has a WONDERFUL and safe 4th of July.  Can’t wait to see everyone’s pictures of being on the lake, eating corn on the cob, and enjoying fireworks!

No comments:

Post a Comment