Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Since the Foot Surgery

Things that have happened since my foot surgery (in no particular order):

-          I’ve discovered the reason why people were born with 2 legs.  After the first couple of days of playing with crutches and enjoying the fact that your husband is waiting on you hand and foot, you start to realize how inconvenient it is to be missing the use of one leg.  Most importantly, I miss running, crossfit, and vacuuming.
-         
-          Its been raining in Tampa all week but I’m not worried, because the 2 most important people in tampa, William and Lando (my coworker’s nephew), are better swimmers at the age of 2 than most people are in their entire life.  Nevertheless, I hope everyone is safe (and has flood insurance).

-          Probably one of the top 10 coolest coworkers ever, Bain Rumohr, is retiring from his life as a public servant, to pursue a career in the private sector.  While he, by himself, is only semi-cool, his family together elevates his rating to a top ten position.  His son, Wes, is a future NBA star.  His father looks like George W, and he and his brother look like Prince Harry and Prince William, respectively.  Yes, that does mean Bain looks like Prince Harry, which implies that he is a ginger.  Don’t judge- he is the coolest ginger I know.  

-          I have zero respect for anyone that uses the scooters at Wal Mart, unless they have legit medical reason to use one.  Being lazy is not an excuse.  That is all I can say on this topic.

-          My Grandfather-in-Law, Papoose, got to participate in the last Honor Flight out of Birmingham!  What an honor!  He served in WW2 and retired as a Lieutenant Colonel in the Air Force.  We welcomed him home at the Birmingham airport along with many other family members and friends of the veterans last week.  It was quite the experience and was humbled by the American spirit in each one of the veterans.   

-          During my time of laying in bed I’ve have the learning experience of watching my cat all day.  She sits on the bed and watches for lizards to crawl on the window, once on the window, Gigi attacks the lizard with her clawless paw on the glass and pretends to kill it.  This is repeated about 2-5 times a day, depending on the lizard’s appearance, of course.  Its pretty entertaining to watch...or maybe my standards for entertainment have declined.

Yup, that’s about all I’ve learned.  A huge thank you to my mom, Lisa, and Scott for taking care of me and helping out around the house!!  In just a few weeks I’ll be back in my Louboutins and Nikes!!  

No comments:

Post a Comment