Tuesday, May 7, 2013

chipperness

Hello everyone!


Hope y’all are as chipper as I am feeling today.  If not, that’s ok.  I understand, sometimes it takes till Wednesday for people to recover from the weekend.  My chipperness (is that even a word?) comes from an exciting weekend!  On Friday, Scott accepted a job with Prime Therapeutic…which means, we’re staying in Birmingham!!!! I know how hard he has worked for the job- heck he’s been in school for the past 10 years studying for a job like this- so I’m so unbelievably proud of him!  I’m not sure exactly what his job is, but it has something to do with pharmacy and managed care.

 
In other exciting news, Luke’s nursery is 98% completed.  The only thing its missing is mom’s rocking chair and Luke himself.  Last Thursday I went for another check-up and had an ultrasound.  Mr. Luke is a healthy 4.2 lbs.  According to my baby book, he should only be weighing about 3 lbs right now.  Looks like we should be expecting a 9 pounder….ouch.

 
Last night I officially became a new member of the Jr. League of Birmingham.  I’m super excited about it. Although, I might be a bit crazy to be starting JL and a new baby at the same time…guess we’ll see if I can do it.

 
I’ve learned how helpless and dependent it feels for elderly people to get their license taken away…because I got mine taken away (but only until the pregnancy is over).  I guess it wasn’t technically taken away, but to be on the safe said, until the doctors can get my medicine under control, I can’t drive.  This means I have to hitch a ride with people.  At first it was kinda nice not driving…then the reality set in. I have a new found respect for elderly people who can no longer drive.  Mom, Dad, if you read this, I will never take away your license- I would never want you to feel helpless and dependent…I will, however, take away your car. Hahaha


So, I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend!!  This coming up weekend is Tribal Wars at the gym!  Scott is on an Rx team!  I’ll be there being his biggest cheerleader …and to rub icyhot on him all day Sunday!!

No comments:

Post a Comment