Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Slacking

This is slightly embarrassing.  I can’t believe it’s been almost 3 months since my last post.  I don’t even have a good excuse-well I’m sure I can think of something since we all know I’m never at fault (in true Neidhardt fashion).  I’m also sure none of the 5 followers probably have even noticed that I’ve been MIA.  Its only my dedicated coworkers, looking for entertainment, that have noticed my laziness (Helpling/2 Naughty) Here are some news items that  happened since the preceding blog post.

·         We (me, Scott, Lisa, and Papoose) took a surprise trip to NYC for Papoose’s 85th birthday to see The Phantom of the Opera.  It was a blast and I know Papoose loved it-although I’m sure he is still recovering.


·          For the first time in William’s life, he was the cool kid at school.  Grandma Karen got him a Curious George backpack from the clearance rack at Costco and his life changed.  The kids in his class were so obsessed with the backpack and its zippers, the teacher asked John to keep the backpack at home, since it was such a disturbance.  Oh and he also got his first professional hair cut!  No more Lloyd Christmas look-a-like.  I feel like he has a chance at being the cool kid again-hopefully for more than 1 day next time.

William in his Fireman oufit for Halloween

·         Football games!!  Last weekend wasn’t the best.  I was on suicide watch with Scott since Bama lost and we had to cancel all our reservations in Miami for the BCS Championships.  Thankfully, he has made a full recovery.  I, on the other hand, don’t get upset when Auburn losses since that would be awfully repetitive.


·         Our big black hairy baby, Nellie, had surgery.  The doctors originally thought she ate a foreign object, but after surgery, they discovered she suffers from IBS -which means she now gets fancy dog food.


·         I have been traveling in the great state of Mississippi for 3 months straight.  Not sure how I got on the Naughty List, but I’m on it, and I now have to work in MS.  While for the most part the state is beautiful, some things dumbfound me.  For example, I was at the Wal-Mart in West Point (probably the first mistake) and witnessed the couple purchase at least 80 packets of Kool-Aid.  They weren’t even on sale.  It was amazing to see Kool-Aid packets fill up an entire Wal-Mart bag.

·         I have become un-addicted to gilt.com.  It was a long process-but it had to happen.

·         Our next big thing will be Thanksgiving.  Not sure if I’m more excited about Lisa’s cooking or Black Friday….tough call…but I’ll pick Lisa’s cooking since its Paula Deen style.  My parents will be coming in town for the holiday along with The Musser’s.  The highlight of the holiday will probably be going on The Polar Express with William, Olivia and Harper (his cousins)!! Can’t wait!!  Such an exciting time for everyone!

Hope everything is doing well and loving the fall/winter weather as much as me!



Happy Fall Y'all!

Nellie on the way home from doggie ER


No comments:

Post a Comment