Tuesday, November 20, 2012

I can taste Thanksgiving

Hooray its almost Thanksgiving!!  Just when I start getting tired of work, traveling, and the daily grind, it becomes holiday season-the best season of all.  My parents are coming this weekend, which is quite the event for us.  I can’t remember the last time they were both here together.  Usually daddy will visit on his way to a cycling event, and mom will visit on her way from Tampa to Birmingham-so to have them together means we’ll have a packed house! 

I worked my booty off getting the house ready for the big arrival.  Lisa helped me decorate the tree (ok that’s a lie, she did it all), the house got cleaned, and both rats (Nellie and Gigi) have been brushed and polished ready to see their grandparents.  I remember when Boppy and Grandma use to visit us in Tennessee.  Before they came, mom would go on mad crazed cleaning rage.  We had to polish all the silver, clean under the beds, mop all the hardwoods, and daddy would vacuum the garage.  That’s pretty funny- vacuuming the garage- I use to think how silly my dad was for doing that, now I find myself vacuuming the garage. Haha.

The best part of Thanksgiving is the food.  Lisa is cooking this year - which means it will all be prepared with about 5 lbs of butter.  I’m sure Scott is already day dreaming about the food coma he’ll be in.  I’m thankful that 3 days out of the year (Thanksgiving, Christmas, and Easer) Scott is full.

After our food coma wears off, we’ll be heading to Iron Tribe for their Bring-a-Friend day.  Scott is brining John (brother-in-law) and I’m bringing daddy.  This should be entertaining.  Mom will probably come to watch-and document John and Daddy getting their butts kicked.

I’ve already got Black Friday mapped out in my head.  Let’s just say, it starts on Thursday at 10pm.  I need to find something particular to shop for.  This same thing happened last year- I didn’t really have anything special to shop for, so I just went ahead and purchased everything I could think of just incase I needed it.  Got any ideas?

Well that’s all for now folks.  Have a fabulous Thanksgiving filled with family, food, and shopping!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment