Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Hello from America's Capital!

This is my second trip to DC in just a couple months.  Pretty odd since I’ve never visited here prior, but fun.  This week I am going to share with y’all (all 3 of my blog followers) some interesting things I’ve learned:

(1) It is cherry blossom time in DC.  What does that mean, you ask?  It means that people flock to DC to see the beautiful trees in full bloom.  The trees were originally a gift from China back in the early 1900s.  Most importantly, my cab driver stated, “the blooms make people happy-and DC is ranked as the #1 most unhappy city”.  Why I asked- he simply stated because “we listen to politics all day.”  That is an enlightening statement from a cab driver at 7am.  

(2) I fit in quite well wearing tennis shoes to work.  For those that do not know, my foot is broken.  I use to wear a big black boot, but thankfully, the doc outfitted my tennis shoe insert to do the same thing-not bend the toe-bed.  So now, I get to wear my new sneakers around the office.  Here in DC, its pretty much protocol for girls to wear a blue button down, black skirt, ID badge, and tennis shoes.  Oh and the ID badge must be on some fancy chain so it can double as a necklace.

(3) This weekend I’m taking the train to NYC to visit Lara.  This will be my first time on a real train.  I feel like such a city girl when I tell people I’m taking the train to NYC- if only they knew that I don’t even know where the train station is.  I hope someone will notice that I’m a foreigner and help me- maybe my pink Vera Bradley bag or happy expression on my face will be a dead giveaway.  Naaaaaa, they’ll check out my skirt and sneaker combo and think I’m a local.  

No comments:

Post a Comment