Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Since the last post...a year ago.

Wow!  It has been over a year since my last post.  I’m sure you have been wondering what could possibly be more exciting or important than posting on my blog.  Since you asked, I’ve composed a list of the top 10 awesome things that has happened in my life since the last blog.

10.  I still have a job.  The government hasn’t found plausible cause to fire me yet. 

9. Bama won the national title.  While this is not an exciting thing for me, it is for Scott, and when Scott is happy, I am happy.

8. My friend, Lara, moved to NYC.  This is exciting because (1) I get to live vicariously through her (2) now I have a friend to visit (3) I get to hear all about the latest trends before they hit Birmingham-which means, I’m 2 years ahead of the trend curve.

7.  My favorite person in the world, my nephew William, is still the most awesome kid EVER.  This year he learned too many things to write down.  This is because he is so advanced for his age.  Most importantly, he has learned to say my name.  My heart has never melted so fast than when he says my name and runs to my leg to give it a big hug.  He can even point to a picture of me and say “Jane” (which sounds more like “Aine” than Jane). 

6. I went to DC for the very first time in my life!  Thanks to the job, I got to head up to DC for a week and I’ll be going again soon for 2 weeks.  I’m slightly embarrassed my first trip to our nation’s capital was at age 25.  Safety Patrol, Honor Roll, or the school band was never my thing.

5.  My BFF, Katie Pauley, moved to Birmingham!!  She got engaged to Lee Kelley, who lives in Birmingham, so she moved here for him.  I’m so excited and happy for her but mainly I’m thankful that Lee lives in Birmingham, which brought her closer to me!

4. I got on national television.  In December, my sister, mother, future mother-in-law, and myself headed over to Atlanta for a taping of Say Yes To The Dress on the TLC network.  I signed up for the show one lonely night at some random Hilton Garden Inn out of boredom.  I figure it would be a good way to get my mom and sister in Tampa and Lisa together to go wedding dress shopping.  We had a blast!  Stayed at the Ritz and shopped all day and then filmed the next day.  The producer said they film 90 brides and that show takes about 20, so I figured I wouldn’t make the cut.  Nevertheless, low and behold somehow I made it. 

3. Scott got a dog!  He has been wanting a dog since he was in 3rd grade.  Apparently, his mom got him a dog when he was a child, which was a Chihuahua that turned out to not like Scott, or anyone else for that fact, other than his mother.  I guess that traumatized Scott, so ever since that, he has been dreaming of a dog.  He picked out a beautiful German Sheppard named Nelli.  She is named after Scott’s grandfather, Joseph Leonelli.  She is about 10 months old, has gone to boarding school, and is the most spoiled dog I know, except Magic.  Magic doesn’t count.

2. Went to Miami for my bachelorette party!!!!  To say it was epic is an understatement.  9 of my closest friends came to celebrate the end of my singlehood.  You won’t find too many pictures from this event-sorry friends.  But I will report, all of our outfits were to die for!

1. I got married!  Yes, true story!  Never thought it would happen, but cupid hit me.  Scott and I got married on 1-14-2012 in Tampa FL.  The wedding was amazing and I wish I could do it all over again.  I enjoyed every little part of wedding planning- as corny as it sounds.  Lisa (Scott’s Mom) surprised Scott with the grooms cake he always wanted, and I got all the flowers I dreamed of.  Need more details- don’t worry- pictures will be out soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment