Monday, February 6, 2012

Change is in the Air

Change is coming.  This weekend I decided a cancer patient would enjoy my hair more than I do; therefore, I head over to Oak Street Hair salon and chopped of 8 inches of tingly, split-end hair.  Thanks to Mrs. Anne Hercules’ information, I found out that you could donate hair to Pantene with a minimum of 8 inches.  Unlike Locks of Love, where you must have 10 inches to donate.  My new healthly hair cut looks more like an 8-year old’s hair, but nonetheless, my donated hair will hopefully bring excitement and confidence to a cancer patient.



The next big change is more of a gradual change.  Scott convinced me to join Iron Tribe Crossfit.  I started the Crossfit 101 class last week.  Normally, its a month long class, but since my work schedule isn’t normal, they made a concession for me, so I get to do the 101 class in 2 weeks by myself.  This is my last week of 101 and I can’t wait to work out with the big kids.  Iron Tribe has a bit of a reputation of being a “cult”.  I would have to agree, but it’s a good cult- I think- I mean, it’s a cult of likeminded people who workout like animals, eat like cavemen, and listen to blazing loud rap music.  I’m not going to lie- I love it, but I promise if I do join the cult, I’ll never be the president.  So, I guess the change is that (hopefully) in a few months you might mistake me for an Olson twin…yea right- I wish.  Here is the link if you want to become a cavewomen like me- with 8-year old school girl hair.  http://www.irontribefitness.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment