Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Thug for Life

As many of you know, looks are deceiving.  This is especially true with me.  While outwardly I look like an average Jane (no pun intended), deep down, I’m gangster.  Yup, true story.  When I was a kid, I dreamed of getting cornrows in my hair with hot pink big barrettes, I know all the lyrics of Gangsters Paradise, and I hail from the projects of East Tennessee.

With that said, I know my fair share of rap music.  On my way home yesterday, a song came on 95.7 Jamz, and I actually listened to the lyrics….which made me burst out laughing.  I have complied a few of my all time favorite rap lyrics that, when taken out of the song, are pretty interesting. 

·         “How can I maintain, with mad shit on my brain?”  –Ruff Ryders’ Anthem by DMX.  Because mad shit is always on the brain.

·         “Brenda, LaTisha, Linda, Felicia, Dawn, LaShaun, Ines Alicia, Teresa, Monica…ect” What These B** Want by DMX.  The name list when on and on-there comes a point where bragging turns into an STD.

·         “I'm a BET soldier and MTV gangsta, I will be on VH1 when I'm done bein famous” – Lil’ Wayne.  Speaking the truth- his next appearance will be on Celebrity Rehab.

·         "I keep it O.G. watching episodes of O.C." – Brand New by Living Legends.  Even gangsters watch the OC.

·         “I’m a venereal disease like a menstrual bleed…” – Lil’ Wayne.  Why would anyone call themselves this?

·         Address me as your highness, high as United, 30,000 feet up and you are not invited” – So Appalled by Kanye West.   Noone can explain what comes out of Kanye's mouth.

·         Feels like a midget is hanging from my neckless” – Stand Up by Ludacris.  Say what?

·         “I’m so cheesy ho my swag got high cholesterol” – All of the Lights by Childish Gambino.  Serious disease-no joking matter.

·         Green got cheese like a nacho, if you ain’t got no a$$ beotch, wear a poncho” Rack City by Tyga.  This explains the recent tunic trend.

·         “You should make your own toilet tissue, since you the shit” – Duces by Kanye West.  A new way of making toilet tissue.  Hope Kleenex doesn’t catch on…

Ok so that’s my top 10 weird/funny lyrics from a rap song.  The list could go on to about 50, but I decided to spare y’all.  I challenge all 5 of my blog followers to use one of the quotes today during conversation.  Also, Happy Chick Fil A Appreciation Day!  I think there should be an Examiner Appreciation Day, where all the bankers come together and bring us lunch…I’ll keep dreaming.

No comments:

Post a Comment